My first post!

Friday, June 10, 2011

This is my mom (in fall 2009):


She's a little bit obsessed with my kids.  Rightfully so - they're the first grandbabies and they're pretty darn cute.  Problem is, she has a tendency to want to hijack basically every facebook status I post about them.  And if it were up to her, she would hijack every picture I ever post of them.  Seriously, when I first let her friend me on facebook she shared SEVENTY-FIVE of my photos on her wall within the first day.  And I didn't even have kids yet!  In order to help her with this need to live vicariously through me, I am starting a blog to chronicle our daily events. 

This is John Paul:


He'll be two in July.  He is ridiculously silly, as most toddlers are.  He spends much of his day reading books, playing with Legos, and talking about his sister.  I try to limit myself to one facebook update per day regarding his hilarious antics, but sometimes it's hard.  Yes,  I've turned into one of THOSE moms whose lives revolve around their kids.

This is Cecilia:


She is 4 months old.  People often mistake her for a boy and we're not sure why.  She spends much of the day nursing, sleeping, and getting kissed by her brother.  She is not really funny, but she loves to laugh at her brother.

These are the parents:


I (Rosie) am staying at home with the kiddos right now and hoping to go back to work as a music teacher in the fall.  The husband (Andrew) is a lawyer, but not the kind that works 24/7, so we actually see him a decent amount!

We are a Catholic, breastfeeding, babywearing, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, organic-eating (as much as possible) family with plans for a whole bunch more kids.  How many?  We'll take them as they come.

If all goes as planned, I'll be able to update this thing at least a couple of times a week, which might inspire me to get us out of the house more often and take more pictures.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to follow this blog. You may have more fun with it than you think you will. I'm not all surprised that Melissa loves your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie, I forgot to tell you that Marilynne is a friend of mine and very nice. She is not stalking you. People are interested in each other's children even when the children are grown up.

    Also, I love you. Thank you for this wonderful blog! It is almost as great as Rocket!

    ReplyDelete

I *love* reading your kind comments and will always try my best to reply right here in the comment box so we can keep the conversation going! If you have a blog of your own, please do link to it so I can visit back :)

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan